Help for Your Business
There are many no-cost, low-cost resources available to help B.C. entrepreneurs through all stages of the business cycle from initial planning and investment, growth and exporting, to succession planning and transitioning to new ownership. Whether you need help with a business plan, a loan to finance growth, assistance with licencing, a legal or financial advisor, or skills training, check out what these organizations have to offer.
General Advisory, Training and Business Services
The following organizations offer general advisory services in a range of formats including face-to-face, fee for service, on-line tools, webinars and seminars, mentoring, and various training programs.
Small Business BC For all small businesses and entrepreneurs. B.C.’s premier resource centre dedicated to small business, offering a comprehensive range of advisory services, training, tools and resources.
Business Development Bank of Canada For all Canadian businesses. Offer advisory services, financing and capital funding.
Community Futures BC For small and medium enterprises in rural B.C. Offer advisory services and loans.
Futurpreneur Canada For aspiring Canadian business owners aged 18-39. Offer financing, mentoring, training and tools.
Women’s Enterprise Centre For B.C. women who are starting or scaling their own ventures. Provide advisory services, training, mentoring and loans.
Innovate BC Provide a broad range of services including funding, commercialization assistance, internships, mentorship to support the development and application of advanced or innovative technologies.
Mentorship BC An online directory of B.C. mentorship programs.
Societe de developpement economique For Francophone and Francophile businesses in B.C. Provide business information, support, networking, training and mentoring.
Aboriginal Business Entrepreneurship and Skills Training (Aboriginal BEST) Training for aboriginal entrepreneurs wish to become self-employed or start a business.
Aboriginal Financial Institutions (AFIs) Provide developmental lending, business financing and support to aboriginal businesses and communities including business loans, grants, and advisory services.
Administration, Registrations and Licences
Check out the following on-line services for assistance with registering your business, obtaining a business licence, maintaining your corporate filings or submitting provincial sales taxes.
- OneStop Business Registry: You can do the most commonly required business registrations and transactions.
- BCeID: A BCeID account provides secure access to online government services.
- BizPaL: Available 24/7 to help you navigate municipal, provincial and federal government licencing requirements specific to your business type.
- Mobile Business Licence: If your business operates across multiple jurisdictions, check the Resources tab of your local region in our Region to Region pages to see if a Mobile Business Licence can apply to you. A Mobile Business Licence allows mobile businesses (e.g. contractors and caterers) to operate across participating local government jurisdictions.
- Corporate Online: For online filing of incorporated company information such as annual reports, incorporation application, notice of change of directors, address changes, etc.
- eTaxBC: Gives you access to a variety of convenient government online services for several provincial taxes and fees.
- Service BC: Provides front line support for many of the hundreds of programs and services the provincial government offers to businesses.
For information and assistance to help identify and develop talent:
- Employers Advisers Office
- Junior Achievement BC
- Women’s Enterprise Centre
- Industrial Training Authority BC (itabc)
Download and print these handy guides for your business